Developer's API Documentation
This is the latest version of our API. It is supported and has many improvements and optimizations. All new applications should start here.
- Authentication is done with OAuth2 now. This is much more secure and you no longer need to store user's passwords. If a user changes their password your app doesn't need to know. You can now request limited access to the API to give customers more trust.
- All numbers are returned as numbers instead of string versions of numbers.
- All errors now contain unique ids across the entire API and are well documented.
- Relevant errors will contain a reference to the item that caused the error so you can more easily link the error to the item in your application.
- You can now edit the "private" flag on contexts and goals.
- You can now edit a goal's note.
- Task metadata can now contain up to 1024 bytes per task of custom data for your app to use for whatever purpose.
- The "repeat" attribute on a task is now represented as a standard iCal RRule.
- You can access and edit outlines and lists.
- You can access a task's attachments (lists, notes, outlines, and filenames).
- Some method and field names have been renamed for consistency. For example, "notebook" has been renamed to "notes". Please check the documentation for details.
- Documentation is much improved, including a built in API playground for learning how to use the API and sample code.
This is the older version of our API. It is supported but will be soon deprecated.
iFrame (no programming required)
If you just want to embed Toodledo on your website, you can try using an iFrame, which requires no programming skils.